As you begin your new and exciting venture, the Lindsay Chamber of Commerce is prepared to help you in making your business a successful enterprise. The following checklist has been prepared for you as an aid for starting a business in Lindsay.

    • Accountant -Helping you discuss appropriate business forms, equipment and operating budgets, tax planning and bookkeeping system design. Will file government forms necessary to start a business.
    • Attorney –Helping you set the forms of business, proper filing of papers, interpreting rights and obligations of businesspersons.
    • Banker –Helping you with financial expertise, special services and opening up a separate business bank account.
    • Insurance Agent-Helping you evaluate insurance needs to set up a program for business protection, including general, fire and liability coverage and worker’s compensation.
    • Zoning Regulations –Check with the City Services Department at the City of Lindsay contact person is Bill Zigler, City Planner. City of Lindsay 251 E. honolulu Lindsay, CA 93247. (559) 562-7102 ext.8031
    • Business License Application- Check with Finance Department at the City of Lindsay call  (559) 562-7102 ext.8023
    • Sign Permit- Check with the City Services Department contact person is Brian Spaunhurst. Address: City of Lindsay 251 E. Honolulu Lindsay, CA 93247 (559) 562-7102 ext.8032
    • Building Permit- Check with the City Services Department. (559) 562-7102 ext.8042
    • Fire Prevention Standards and Special Permits- Check with the Lindsay Fire Department, 185 N. Gale Hill, Lindsay Ca 93247 (559) 562-2511
    • Fictitious Business Name Registration, Articles of Incorporation, Notary Bonds- County Clerk, Room 201, Tulare County Courthouse, Visalia CA 93277. (559) 733-6374
    • Limited Partnership Registration- Recorders Office, Room 203, Tulare County Courthouse, Visalia CA (559) 733-6374
    • Property Tax Assessments, Business Personal Property- Assessor’s Office, Room 102-E, Tulare County Courthouse, Visalia CA 93277. (559) 733-6361
    • Health Regulations- Health Department, Civic Center Visalia, Ca 93277 (559) 733-6461
    • Seller’s Permit, Sales and Use Tax- Regulations-Check accountant or State Board of Equalizations. 5070 N. 6th Street suite 110, Fresno, CA 93701 (559) 248-4217
    • Federal Employer Tax Identification- Number- for all business with employees and all partnerships and corporation, whether they have employees or not. Check accountant or Internal revenue Services, 5070 N. 6th street suite 110, Fresno, CA. 93701 (559) 248-4217
    • Registration of Corporations- Check Attorney or Secretary of State, 1230 “J” Street, Sacramento Ca 95814 (916) 445-7205
    • Electricity- Southern California Edison, (800) 655-4555 LP Payment Center 164 E. Honolulu, Lindsay, Ca 93247
    • Gas- Southern California Gas Company, 101 S. Floral, Visalia Ca (800) 427-2000
    • Water, Sewer, Refuse- City of Lindsay, (559) 562-7102 ext.8023
    • Telephone- Verizon, Billing Inquiries, (877) 854-8065
    • Carrier Regulations- Public Utilities Commission, 2550 Mariposa Mall Room 1027, Fresno, Ca 93721 (415) 703-2782
    • Employment Connection- 4025 W. Noble Visalia, Ca 93277 (559) 713-5000
    • State Withholding Authorization- Employment Development Department 2523 S. Mooney Blvd. Visalia, CA 93291 (800) 300-5616